Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Movie Review - The Adjustment Bureau

The Adjustment Bureau

This movie is a pretty interesting take on spirituality.  While universalism is well at work, I do not think you need to shy away from it, just accept that it is there, and move on.  There is enough good in this movie to make it worth a watch.  Having grown up as a free-will Christian, and now hold to the doctrines of grace, the subject matter is pretty interesting.  I hate spoilers, so i will not give away much of the movie, but one line in particular stuck with me.

Thompson: You don't have free will, David. You have the appearance of free will.
David Norris: You expect me to believe that. I make decisions everyday.
Thompson: You have free will over which tooth past you use, or which beverage to order at lunch. But humanity just isn't mature enough to control the important things.

I happen to believe this is not so far from the truth.  While God's reason has nothing to do with our maturity, the heart of that statement is true.

Its a fun movie, and overall significantly more intelligent then any movie I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment