Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire

I finished this book last week.  I read this book when we were in Riverbend around 10 years ago.  It is far more relevant to me today than it was then.  I have a much higher appreciation for the power of prayer, and the work of the Holy Spirit.  The powerful stories in this book will make any Christian wonder what we are not tapped into. Why aren't drug addicts, prostitutes, and homeless coming to Christ in our churches?  Why aren't we seeing real transformation in people?

In our own church, we are in the beginning of a year long focus on "Joining the echo" or how we can join in telling our story to those around us.  I have given up trying to convert people.  For too long I went around using canned methods and memorized speeches to try to convert total strangers.  No more.  I am just going to be me, and attempt to truly love the people around me with no hidden agenda.  May that love, and the power of my testimony be what draws people to Christ.

Privately, I am asking the Lord to revolutionize my prayer life.  Only in prayer is the power of the supernatural released to do good.  If you have not read this book, it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment